Here are the links to my other blogs

Thursday, May 27, 2010

"That said, I went about pretending things were perfect. The antiques shop was a success, I met Riley there, I was standing at the door straightening the literature as he came in. No bells or whistles, but I knew he was interested in me.
He had politics written all over him. Grey suit, light hair and eyes, with no recognizable accent. Tall, leaning towards teddy bear but fit, probably played tennis. Not my type, but Hazel would love him. All this registered as I wrote the specs for the table he was supposedly interested in on the back of my card. Still thinking about a possible commission, I shook his hand as he told me his name. It was no surprise when he came back on Saturday, this time in a sports jacket and jeans. He passed on the table, too big he said, and then he asked me out for drinks after work.
Had plans, I lied, perhaps coffee on Sunday?
He suggested brunch, better still, and I agreed."

The next installment from the woman in the prologue of J'S GIRLS

No comments:

Post a Comment